Sunday, March 15, 2009

what am I up to now?(Melissa)

Since moving on from Alberta Bible College in the iddle of February I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off making new plans!
I was job hunting for a good month and on the last weekday on February I was offered a job at Montessori Childrens House Academy. Talk about trusting in Gods ability to give me what we need and when we need it!

I work Tuesday's and Thursday's now and am enjoying the new environment of sweet little children who multiple times a day tell me they love me...it melts your insides. On the other hand there are plenty of noisy, bad mannered children with whom I slowly but surely work to change their conduct and make preschool a better experience for all. I'm learning ALOT trying to figure out the in's and out's of Montessori materials and the classroom methods and expectations.

After a long and wierd process I have been accepted to Bow Valley College's online Early Learning and Child Care Certificate. On my days off I plan to work on becoming even more certified in order to work with children here in Calgary and eventually overseas.

Its been very neat to see God's hand over all of this. He's showing me over the years how much I love kids and yet can learn so much more. As well as how it is the type of job that is meaningful and rewarding yet its not something I can do in my own strength. I need God more than ever to make the most of these opportunities and serve these children and their families especially when it gets hard.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I am Biswajit Patra from Kolkata,
    It is wonderful to hear about your ministry in Kenya. May God use you as a channel of Blessing to many. I will be going to Cyprus for one of the mission conf org by Barnabas fund. So pray for my trip, it will be in the month of June.
    I am still involved in Ministry in Inida. So do pray for my family and ministry in India.
    God Bless
    Biswajit Patra
    Kolkata

    ReplyDelete